Who can apply?
Bank of Asia provides banking services to companies across the world who pass our robust KYC checks.
Account Opening Fee*: US$1,450
Application Fee: US$1,000 (non-refundable)
Activation Fee: US$450 (upon account opening)
Applicants applying through the Bank’s Designated Corporate Service Providers can enjoy a special offer.
Contact us or talk to your service providers to find out more.
- * Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) may be required when additional information is necessary to verify identity or source of income/wealth. You will be notified of such requirements and, upon your consent, the related charges will be passed on to you at cost.
- * Please refer to our Fee Schedule for more information.
How to Apply Online
Click "New Applicant" at BOA Online Application Platform
Register with your email address
Choose "New Corporate Account" and fill in basic information for automatic pre-screening
- Under "Preference", you can choose "Do It Yourself" or request assistance from the Bank to help you go through the application process.
Follow the instructions to complete below steps:
- Important Note
- Upload Documents
- Enter Entity Details
- Enter Contact Details
- Enter Information about Key Parties
- Specify Account Purpose
- Declare FATCA & CRS
- You can switch among above steps during the application process.
- You may stop and resume your application at anytime.
- For returning applicant, please use your username and password to log in here and select the open application to continue.
- Please feel free to contact Customer Service for assistance anytime if you encounter any problem when applying, even if you choose “Do it Yourself” at Step 3.
Your Account is Ready
After reviewing your application, Bank of Asia will inform you when the bank account is successfully opened or require further information/documents to continue the process. In some cases, application may not be successful at the moment, but we will contact you the soonest.
* Currently we require First funds-in from banks registered in countries under FATF (Financial Action Task Force); however, special cases will be considered on a discretionary basis.
You may also want to know
Certification requirements for account opening documents
Documents that are requested to be certified true copies must be certified within 90 days of submission.
Please include a separate cover sheet listing certified documents with the certification stamp.
The certification must include:
- Name, address, title and company name of the person certifying the document;
- Date of the certification; and
- Signature or seal of the person certifying the document and membership number where applicable.
Click Here to view the Approved Certifiers.
Translation requirements for account opening documents
Where documents are written in a language other than English, translation is required by a certified translator, competent authority or qualified native speaker confirming the details/contents of such document.
Click Here to see the example of wording to be used by translator.